Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday Inspiration #8


A few days ago I read a post on XO Nicole - okay wait let me fill you in on XO Nicole just in case you somehow don't know. She had her own website called Nicole Bitchie that discussed trends, celebrities, etc. Her new site is XO Nicole. Where do I begin?! It's inspirational, informational, lifestyle, beauty, celebrity news (in a positive way), and so much more. It is my morning news paper. If I'm feeling down and just completely uninspired or when I'm simply in need of a good read I go to her website and get my fix for the day! 

Now as I was saying a few days ago I read an article about the hype of instagram. How just about everyone posts pictures of nice cars, purses, heels, hell some even post a picture of them talking to "the money phone"... come on y'all seen the money phone before! At times seeing these things we may tend to get a little down, second guess ourselves trying to figure out what we're doing wrong? Why don't we have all these things people post on their page? 

I'm going to be completely honest and say I've been one of those people but quickly realized that I'm not doing anything wrong this is my life and it's going according to God's perfect timing. What's for me is for me and what's for them is for them. At the moment I may be eating the 5 for $5 from Taco Bueno and she may be at a 5 star restaurant in L.A. again what's for me at the moment is for me. We have to remain firm in our faith no matter what's going on around us. We must stay consistent with our goals working on them everyday and not be distracted by an Instagram photo. Scroll through your feed and when you see a post of someone standing outside their beautiful new home double tap that picture and keep it pushing. Never be a hater always be happy with them whether you know them or not. 

Be grateful for what you have WORK for what you want! 

-Londen Sloan 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sounds good to me! I agree with you that you need to stay true to yourself.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete

© BLACK ON THE ROCKS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig