Friday, August 28, 2015

To Read or Not To Read?!



I read Jonathan Safran Foer's lovely book 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' for the first time in 2013 after first watching the film which was so so good but not as good as the book of course! Jonathan's words and the way he forms a sentence is just flawless and in a way I've never seen before. Being a poet I just love his choice of words and he mind is simply stunning.

If you haven't had the opportunity to give this a read it's a novel about a young boy in search of a lock in New York City after finding a key in his father's closet oh and his imagination along the way is just awesome! This book is the very reason I started writing my book that is still in the works due to a strong case of writers block!

I've been thinking about this book for some time now so I took a trip to the library last week to pick it up. The latest book I read was Maya Angelou's 'I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings' which I loved and my next read will probably be 'Everything Is Illuminated' by Jonathan Safran Foer or Stephen Kings 'Big Driver'?

'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' is a MUST read!

What book are you currently reading?

-Londen Sloan














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emergen-SHE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig